A sleep disorder that regularly affects millions of people worldwide. It can affect people of any age and is more common in adult females than adult males. Insomnia is difficulty in initiating or maintaining sleep or both. It includes a wide range of sleeping disorders from lack of sleep quality to lack of sleep quantity.
- Transient insomnia in which symptoms lasting less than 1 week
- Short-term insomnia in which symptoms lasting between 1 to 3 weeks.
- Chronic insomnia in which symptoms last longer than 3 weeks.
TRANSIENT INSOMNIA AND SHORT TERM
1. Stressful situation in life
2. Changes in work shift
3. Acute medical and surgical illness
4. Excessive or unpleasant noise
5. Withdrawal from drug, alcohol
CHRONIC/LONG TERM INSOMNIA
1. Anxiety, stress
2. Mental illness like schizophrenia
4. Any chronic diseases
5. Acid reflux disease
7. Obstructive sleep apnea.
8. Frequent intake of tea and coffee
SYMPTOMS OF INSOMNIA
1. Difficulty in falling asleep or waking up frequently
2. Fatigue, poor concentration, and focus
3. Memory loss
4. Irritability and impaired social interaction
5. Tension headache
6. Less work output due to mood swings and poor concentration
Kottakkal Ayurveda is a center for Ayurvedic massage, treatment, healing, herbal medicine, and lifestyle practices. Our team of dedicated Ayurveda practitioners, trained in the art of Ayurveda are here to support your transformation and wellbeing. Kottakkal Ayurvedic Treatment Centre is the premier provider of Ayurvedic services in Dubai (Deira, Satwa), Ajman and we’re excited to share these restorative techniques with you.
Nidra (sleep) is one among three upasthambas (pillars) of the human body. Healthy sleep is required for a healthy mind and body. Nidra is tamo guna predominant .Loss of nidra cause delusion, dizziness , heaviness of head and eyes, squeezing pain all over the body, weakness and vata disorders Increased vata dosha lead to nidra nasha /insomnia Increased pitta dosha led to alpa nidrata /disturbed sleep
Vata hara chikitsaAyurveda has got a wide range of excellent therapies and medicines for insomnia. Ayurvedic medicines are not slept induce medicines. The ayurvedic physician will treat the patient according to dosha predominance and give medicines to the exact cause leading to insomnia and also regulate mental function .some of medicines are internal medicines like kalyanaka kashayam, vidaryadi kashayam , manasamitravadakam, kalyanaka ghrtam, etc
External therapies like Abhyangam (oil massage whole-body) especially pada abhyangam (oil massage on foot), shiro pichu and shiro dhara all having excellent results in treating insomnia.
Treatment should be strictly under Ayurvedic physician supervision and above said therapies and medicines may vary according to patient condition.