Rakta Pradara/ Menorrhagia/uterine hemorrhage
Changes in lifestyle and modernization have caused increases in health problems and gynecological problems among women. Abnormal uterine bleeding is such a condition in which excessive bleeding per vagina occurs during menstruation.
Abnormal uterine bleeding is an abnormally heavy and prolonged menstrual period at regular intervals. Abnormal uterine bleeding can be caused by abnormal blood clotting, disruption of normal hormonal regulation of periods, or disorders of the endometrial lining of the uterus. Depending upon the cause, it may be associated with the abnormally painful period (dysmenorrhea).
Etiology can be classified under three heading
- PELVIC CAUSE
- Retroversion of the uterus
- Carcinoma of endometriosis
- Intra-Uterine Contraceptive Devices (IUCD)
- Endocrinal causes
- Other causes
a ) Abortion
- b) Ectopic Gestation
- c) Psychological disturbances.
Ayurveda explains abnormal bleeding as rakta pradara as the rakta pradara as there is excessive secretion of raja (menstrual blood) this is caused due to excessive consumption of salty, sour, guru, katu, vidahi food. Due to these reasons, the vitiated rasa causes an increase in raja which combines with aggravated pitta. Vitiated pitta obstruct the flow of apana vayu which in turn gets vitiated and causes excessive bleeding.
Excessive bleeding during menses. Bleeding will be associated with body pain. Burning sensation in the pelvic region and lower abdomen.
1. Vatika- Menstrual flow will be frothy, thin, and blackish-red in color associated with or without pain.
2. Paithika – Menstrual flow will be profuse, hot with yellowish dark red color with the presence of clots with a fishy smell. Associated with fever and burning sensation.
3. kaphaja – menstrual flow will be pale, thick, associated with mild pain.
4. Tridoshaja- all the above symptoms
Kottakkal Ayurveda is a center for Ayurvedic massage, treatment, healing, herbal medicine, and lifestyle practices. Our team of dedicated Ayurveda practitioners, trained in the art of Ayurveda are here to support your transformation and wellbeing. Kottakkal Ayurvedic Treatment Centre is the premier provider of Ayurvedic services in Dubai (Deira, Satwa), Ajman and we’re excited to share these restorative techniques with you.
1.SHODHANA THERAPY (PURIFICATION THERAPY)
Medicines like pushyanuga churna, lodrasava, darvyadi kashayam, phala ghrtam, shatavari ghrtam can be given internally as per physician advice
3.Bahya Prayogas(External treatments)
Abhyanga(ayurvedic massage) with medicated oil
- HOME REMEDIES
- Paste of pomegranate leaves mixed with rice together crushed with some amount of water.
- Take fresh coconut water daily.
- Take half cup juice of coriander leaves.
PATHYA APATHYA(Doe’s &Don’ts)
- Spices like coriander, turmeric, mint
- Green vegetables like cucumber, pumpkin, gooseberry, dates, legumes, etc
- Fresh fruits and milk products like cheese, ghee, etc
- Coconut water and barley water, buttermilk.
- Genital organ hygiene
- Regular evacuation of stool.
- Relaxed mind
- Fried oily and spicy food should be avoided.
- Garlic, red chilies not to be taken
- Tea and coffee should be avoided
- Forceful defecation should not be done
- Stress, strain, and hard work should be avoided.
- Appropriate treatment improves the quality of such patients and can lead a better life.