Leucorrhoea is one of the most common gynecological problems. In Ayurveda, this is known as Swetha pradara.
Leucorrhoea is strictly defined as excessive normal discharge according to modern science. This is catarrhal discharge from the mucus membrane of the female genital tract. It may be due to specific pathology or due to poor health and unhygienic condition of the female genital organ.
Discharge may vary from white to reddish or thick and viscid with or without foul smell due to underline infection. The symptoms of excessive discharge may be subjective and it requires clinical and laboratory assessment to confirm whether it is normal excess or an infective discharge.
In normal excess, it may appear just before and after menstrual bleeding.
Common causes of abnormal vaginal discharges are
1. Noninfective where nonpurulent, non-offensive vaginal discharge.
2. Infective where purulent or frothy yellow discharge/curdy white discharge etc according to the type of organism involved or cervicitis (mucoid discharge).
4. Foreign body like unhygienic tampon insertion or mechanical irritation where offensive, copious, purulent, and blood-stained discharges are seen.
Kottakkal Ayurveda is a center for Ayurvedic massage, treatment, healing, herbal medicine, and lifestyle practices. Our team of dedicated Ayurveda practitioners, trained in the art of Ayurveda are here to support your transformation and wellbeing. Kottakkal Ayurvedic Treatment Centre is the premier provider of Ayurvedic services in Dubai (Deira, Satwa), Ajman and we’re excited to share these restorative techniques with you.
Itching in the genital path with the foul smell.
Spot on undergarments throughout the menstrual cycle
Low back pain
Loss of weight with digestive disturbances.
Ayurvedic management for swetha pradara in case of infection.
Internal medications like Musalikhadiradi kashayam or Pathrangasavam or Pushyanuga choornam, Shatavari, etc should be given strictly under an ayurvedic physician.
1. Pichu dharanam with astringent taste herbs like panchavalkalam.
2. Kshalanam or douching with Triphala choornam to reduce infection.
Avoid Fried and spicy and sour food items.
Fasting for long hrs not allowed.
Intake of koova podi (arrow root powder)is strongly recommended in case of cervicitis