The Importance of Panchakarma Treatment in Western Life
Panchakarma is a bio-cleansing regimen /procedure which cleans the body tissues deeply especially from fat-soluble toxins, These therapies help in the elimination of disease-causing factors and maintain the equilibrium of body, mind, and soul.
Panchakarma treatment in Ayurveda refers to five therapeutic measures (procedures) to be undertaken for complete detoxification of the body. The panchakarma includes Ayurvedic therapies such as Vaman (Medicated Emesis), Virechan (Purgation), Nasyam (Nasal Installation), Raktamokhshan (Blood Letting), and Basti (Enema). Panchakarma treatments are mainly indicated for the elimination of toxins from the body.
Why Do You Need to Undergo Panchakarma?
The human body is like a machine. As the machine needs cleaning and lubrication from time to time to improve its efficiency and quality, our body also needs cleansing from time to time. Modern life is full of tensions and turmoil.
Our lifestyle is so fast and hectic, that there is very limited scope for relaxation. Lack of physical activity, consumption of unhealthy foods, too much mental stress, and habits such as smoking or drinking alcohol, extreme climatic variations, are responsible for increasing toxin levels in the body.
The build-up of toxins in the body is a precursor to several chronic illnesses such as diabetes, heart diseases, and even cancer. To prevent the risk of these illnesses we need to regularly eliminate toxins from the body. Panchakarma is one of the best natural Ayurvedic therapy for detoxification that expels body toxins through different therapies.
Kottakkal Ayurveda is a center for Ayurvedic massage, treatment, healing, herbal medicine, and lifestyle practices. Our team of dedicated Ayurveda practitioners, trained in the art of Ayurveda are here to support your transformation and wellbeing. Kottakkal Ayurvedic Treatment Centre is the premier provider of Ayurvedic services in Dubai (Deira, Satwa), Ajman and we’re excited to share these restorative techniques with you.
Who Should Undergo Panchakarma?
Our body has a specific way of notifying that the level of toxins has gone to an undesirable level. Constant tiredness, fatigue, headache, acne breakouts, skin problems, or even problems related to fertility indicates that you need to undergo body detoxification.
So, anyone who notices such symptoms can take panchakarma therapy. It can be done both in preventive, Curative, and Palliative aspects.
• Healthy individuals for health preservation and rejuvenation.
• For treating diseases of various etiology.
• For De-addiction. Especially smoking.
The diseases that can be treated with Panchakarma procedures.
Panchakarma is beneficial in the management and prevention of various systemic diseases
1. Joint disorders (Osteo Arthritis, Gout/Raised Serum Uric Acid, Rheumatoid Arthritis)
2. Musculoskeletal (Low backache, Neck pain, slip disc/Disc bulge, Cervical Spondylosis, Lumbar Spondylosis Raynauds disease, Juvenile Arthritis/Arthritis in Children) fibromyalgia, Generalised muscle pains, Sciatica, Piriformis Syndrome, Coccydynia Muscular Dystrophy)
3. Dermatological (Psoriasis, Eczema, dermatitis, Scabies, Dry Skin, Skin Allergies, Acne/Pimples)
4. Neurological (Paralysis/Stroke, Migraine, Multiple Sclerosis, Lateral Sclerosis, Epilepsy/Seizures)
5. Respiratory disorders (Sinusitis, Chronic Cough, Bronchial asthma, Nasal Allergies)
6. Gynecological disorders (Leucorrhea, Post Menopausal syndrome genital infections, vaginitis
7. Psychiatric (Depression, De-addiction, stress, sleeplessness, Anxiety, Memory loss)
8. Head Ache-(Sinusitis, Tension headache, Vascular headache, Migraine, Trigeminal neuralgia)
9. Reproductive (male and female Infertility)
10. Urinary (Urinary tract Infections, Kidney stone)
11. Sexual dysfunctions (Premature Ejaculation, Erectile Dysfunctions)
12. Endocrine ( thyroid issues, hormonal variation)
13. Lifestyle disorders (Diabetes, hypercholesteremia, HypertensionObesity)
14. Developmental disorders of children(Autism, developmental delay, or delayed milestones)
15. Gastrointestinal (Hyperacidity, GERD/Heartburn, Constipation, Ulcerative colitis, Piles, Fistula, Fissures, flatulence)
16. Palliative care of Cancerous condition after chemotherapy or radiotherapies)
17. Sports injuries and Post-traumatic conditions.
18. Hairfall, Dandruff, and other beauty issues
It is also widely prescribed in chronically incurable diseases and for improving the quality of life.
The time period required for Panchakarma treatments.- The duration for each procedure of Panchakarma therapy varies according to the patient's physical condition.
However, the general duration for panchakarma treatment with preliminary preparation of body ranges from 10 to 90 days as directed by the physician-But it is important to notice that every individual needs a different and unique set of treatments for his/her health condition and body type.
Contraindications of Panchakarma.
There is no specific reason to avoid panchakarma by anyone. It can be administered to healthy persons (Swastha) and as well as diseased persons (Atura). However, extra precautions are taken while offering Panchkarma therapy to people who are above 70 and children below the age of 7, as some of the therapies could make them uncomfortable. But it can be done according to the advice of an Ayurvedic doctor. When done through skilled hands, panchakarma can be administered safely to people of any age.
1. Consultation with the doctor involving Pulse and complete physical examination, diagnosis doctor, will decide a specific treatment protocol for you including lifestyle changes, Dietary recommendations, Prescription of herbs, and a Specific and unique Panchakarma treatment protocol if needed.
2. If any Panchakarma treatments are prescribed by the doctor, they are performed by experienced therapists under the strict observation of the doctor. There is a daily check-up and examination by the doctor during treatments.
3. After Treatments, a follow-up consultation including follow-up advice, follow-up medication, treatments, and physiotherapies if needed.
Panchakarma is one of the most effective methods of eliminating toxins from the body. The Panchakarma detox therapies should be done only under the supervision of an Ayurvedic Physician or doctor to avoid complications.
Kottakkal Ayurvedic Treatment Centre is a professional Ayurvedic clinic in Dubai, Ajman, UAE that offers Panchakarma therapy with a team of expert doctors and professional staff who are efficient and experienced internationally.