Amla, also called Indian gooseberry, is a medicinal plant commonly used to manage iron deficiency in the human body. The botanical name for amla is Emblica Officinalis. It is considered the most important medicinal plant and valued in Indian culture and tradition. Not only the fruit but various parts of the plant is also used to treat a wide range of diseases. Amla fruit is used as Indian food items such as snacks, pickles, and jams. It is also known as wonder berry.
The word amla literally means “sour,” and its other name, dhatri, means “mother” or “nurse.” It mainly points to Amalaki’s reputation as being greatly nourishing and supportive for a great array of body systems and all the body types, or doshas.
Benefits of Gooseberry
- It is a good source of Vitamin C
- It has anti-aging properties and is a Rejuvenate for the liver
- Helps balance blood sugar
- Supports a healthy reproductive system
- Promotes stable and healthy energy levels
- Protector and tonic for the heart by supporting healthy cholesterol levels and integrity and cleanliness of the arterial walls
- Cleanses and nourishes the blood
- promotes Digestion
- Promotes healthy hair
- Tonic for a clear mind
- Protects and tonifies the eyes
- Has a laxative property
- It helps to enhance immunity and protects the body from various infections like cold, cough, allergies, etc.
- Delays the onset of Type 2 Diabetes complications.
- Amalaki is sometimes used topically and is a powerful ingredient in Ayurvedic skin care.
Kottakkal Ayurveda is a center for Ayurvedic massage, treatment, healing, herbal medicine, and lifestyle practices. Our team of dedicated Ayurveda practitioners, trained in the art of Ayurveda are here to support your transformation and wellbeing. Kottakkal Ayurvedic Treatment Centre is the premier provider of Ayurvedic services in Dubai (Deira, Satwa), Ajman and we’re excited to share these restorative techniques with you.