Osteoporosis is a condition in which there is a progressive decrease in bone density, causing weakness of the bone, and thereby fractures are likely.
CAUSES AND RISK FACTORS
- Female Gender-Usually prevalence of osteoporosis is high in women, especially thin women. After menopause osteoporosis is very common because of a lack of oestrogen.
- Family history of osteoporosis.
- Personal history of fracture as an adult.
- Cigarette smoking and excessive alcohol consumption
- Lack of exercise
- Poor nutrition, malabsorption
- Chronic inflammation diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, liver disease, etc.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
- Inability to move affected area
- Swelling associated with pain seen
- Mainly knee joints are affected
- Crepitus can be felt
- Occasionally associated fractures can be seen
Kottakkal Ayurveda is a center for Ayurvedic massage, treatment, healing, herbal medicine, and lifestyle practices. Our team of dedicated Ayurveda practitioners, trained in the art of Ayurveda are here to support your transformation and wellbeing. Kottakkal Ayurvedic Treatment Centre is the premier provider of Ayurvedic services in Dubai (Deira, Satwa), Ajman and we’re excited to share these restorative techniques with you.
WHAT AYURVEDA SAYS TO PREVENT OSTEOPOROSIS
• To maintain bone health more intake of calcium-rich food like milk, egg, ragi, meat, green gram, etc. is advised
• Daily intake of ghee and milk
• Use of sesame seed is mentioned in Ayurveda for bone degeneration
• Use of some oral medicines
• Good food habit, proper sleep, rest is essential
• Excessive use of spicy, salty, astringent tastes should be avoided
• Maintain mental health with good thoughts and reducing anxiety is essential as Ayurveda believes in the involvement of the mind in every disease.
• practice of yoga and pranayama
AYURVEDA THERAPIES are done depending upon the presentation of disease like abhyanga, lepana, patrapotala sweda, dharas, navarakizhi etc